My name is Ashley and I’m a 26 year old book lover from the United States. Since I was very young, reading has been my first love. I wouldn’t go anywhere without a book in my hands.
When I’m not reading, I spend my days working as a paraprofessional in a kindergarten classroom (always an adventure), spending time with my family, friends, sorority sisters, and fiance, planning my wedding, and attempting to write my own novel.
- J.K. Rowling
- Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
- Sarah J. Maas
- Lalita Tademy
- Anne Easter Smith
- William Shakespeare (he totally counts)
…and many more!
- Historical Fiction
- Retellings/Re-imaginings of other stories
- Science Fiction
10 Random Facts about Me
- I’m an extroverted introvert. I do love people but I also really, really love being myself and having me time.
- I have one dog, an extremely mischievous Morkie named Coco, who has my whole entire family wrapped around her little four paws.
- I currently am in grad school for a degree in Elementary Education.
- My formative late childhood/preteen years were entirely shaped by shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sailor Moon, Touched by an Angel, A Different World, Charmed, and Gullah Gullah Island.
- Though I love Gilmore Girls, I am not excited about the new revival and may be giving it a pass.
- I am African American and Dominican with a smattering of Irish, Italian, British, and West Indian all thrown in there.
- I’m a Potterhead and Whovian and I will be till the day I die.
- I’m a Christian.
- Though I have not left the country, I am determined to travel all over the world, especially London.
- When I was in college, I joined Phi Sigma Sigma and the years I spent as an undergrad while in my sorority were the best years I’ve ever had.
Bonus Fact 11. I am currently engaged and will be getting married in 2018!