I’m going to be honest right off the bat: this is my third blog (technically fourth if you count my nonexistent Youtube channel).
Every time I start a new blog, life seems to get in the way and then I forget about my blog for months until I remember, “Hey, missy, what are you doing? You haven’t blogged for five months!” At first, I thought it was because I was losing interest in the world of blogging, but that’s simply not the case. I realized that I was beginning to blog for other people and not for myself. I would pay more attention to the views I get instead of the content I post, and every time my subconscious realized this, I stopped blogging.
This go round, I’m through with writing for other people. While it’s nice to keep up with my reading audience and give in to what I think is “cool” to blog, they don’t actually matter if I’m not happy.
I have a lot of goals for this blog, which is first and foremost a book blog, though I do plan to write more about my day-to-day life.
My blog goals:
- Write more book reviews for books that I’m actually excited about and not books that have been hyped by other members of the community.
- Do more discussion posts.
- Interact with the book community a lot more (comment and actually read other people’s blogs).
- Actually make an effort to post more than twice every five months.
- Most importantly, have fun while working on this blog.
With these five goals in mind, I am ready to go!
Welcome to my blog, and remember leave no book behind!