This tag was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner. And let’s get to it!
- Author you’ve read the most books from: Probably Ann M. Martin. I was completely obsessed with the Babysitters’ Club series. I read 79 books in the main series, plus the mysteries, Super Specials, Super Mysteries, and the Little Sister and Friends Forever spinoff series. I was hooked! An honorable mention is probably the Sweet Valley Twins series.
- Best sequel ever: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I liked the first book in the series, but Catching Fire is the book that really sold me on the trilogy. It’s also when I first started hardcore shipping Katniss and Peeta, so it will forever be in my heart.
- Currently Reading: Days of Splendor, Days of Sorrow by Juliet Grey and Disney after Dark by Ridley Pearson.
- Drink of Choice While Reading: I don’t really have a drink of choice while I read. I’ll drink whatever’s around: water, juice, coffee, tea, soda, wine. Any of those really. Odds are I’ll be too into a book to really notice what I’m drinking. (I almost drank baby oil that way.)
- E-reader or Physical Book? BOTH! I love the feel (and smell) of a physical book, and I also love carting around hundreds of books with the Nook app, Kindle app, Overdrive app, Hoopla app, and the Audible app. I’m in book heaven everyday!
- Fictional Character You Probably Would have Dated in High School: Peeta!!! He’s sweet and he can bake me things when I’m sad.
- Glad You Gave This Book a Chance: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. At first, I was kind of turned off by the IM format when it was advertised, but I quickly got over it and ended up devouring the book.
- Hidden Gem Book: The Keeper’s Vow by Francina Simone.
- Important Moment in Your Reading Life: Once upon a time, five-year-old Ashley was taken to the library and received her very first library card. That card opened up multiple doorways and she hasn’t looked back in 21 years.
- Just Finished: Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey.
- Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: Horror. I’m a big scaredy-cat and will not read any horror books. Especially horror books that include clowns…looking at you, It.
- Longest Book You’ve Ever Read: Chesapeake by James Michener. This book clocks in at 1,001 pages.
- Major Book Hangover because of…: Enough said.
- Number of Bookcases You Own: Only one. I want more, but there’s no point in buying them now because I’m planning on moving out soon.
- One Book You’ve Read Multiple Times: Probably Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It’s my favorite book in the series and I’d read it everyday if I could. Actually, I’m pretty sure I’ve read the entire series at least 15 times.
- Preferred Place to Read: Once again, I don’t really have a preference. I’ll read anywhere that’s comfy!
- Quote that inspires You/Gives You Feels: “I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity…You gave me forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful” – The Fault in Our Stars
- Reading Regrets: I regret that I can never seem to finish series, but I’m working on that flaw. I also pretty much regret being a really hardcore Twihard.
- Series You Started and Need to Finish: I have sooo many, but the one I’m trying to finish this year is The Mortal Instruments series. I’m planning to tackle this one when I have to go to Virginia for two weeks during the summer.
- Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books: How dare you ask me to choose between three of my babies?!! I guess I’ll choose Fall of Giants by Ken Follett, Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling, and The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.
- Unapologetic Fangirl of: ALL OF THE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Very Excited for This Release: Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows.
- Worst Bookish Habit: I have two! One is (again) my not being able to finish a series and the second one is probably my ability to spoil myself accidentally on purpose…
- X– Marks the Spot – 27th Book on Your Shelf: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Your Latest Book Purchase: Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.
- Zzzz-Snatcher – Book You Stayed Up to Read: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.
I tag anyone who hasn’t done this bookish survey yet! It was so much fun to fill out and already tag posts are becoming my favorite thing to do!
Until next time, bookworms!