Well, we’re 8 days into August and there’s only 5 months left of the year. Let me be the first person to say I absolutely cannot wait for 2018 to make its presence because I am hella over 2017.
This year, I have been stressed to the breaking point what with my intense grad-school classes, intense wedding planning, health issues, and other personal issues. The only thing I’m regretting about 2017 is how little I’ve read so far this year. Despite that, I’m here to share with all of you the amazing books that I have managed to fit into my busy schedule through the Mid Year Freak-Out Book Tag. Here we go:
1. Best Book You’ve Read So Far: Definitely Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! I so need to get my hands on Crooked Kingdom like now!
2. Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far: Well, I haven’t exactly read any sequels yet but I will soon…eventually…
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet: There are soooo many, but number 1 on my list is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. A close second is Because You Hate to Love Me.
4. Most Anticipated Release for the Second Half of 2015: It’s not my most anticipated read but I think I’ll like Blight by Alexandra Duncan. I haven’t finished her Salvage duology yet but I remember really liking it.
5. Biggest Disappointment: The Aviator’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin. I have been looking forward to reading this book for months, but I came to find Charles Lindbergh to be the most insufferable man to ever be brought to life in a historical fiction novel.
6. Biggest Surprise: I’m really surprised I liked A Court of Thorns and Roses as much as I did. But what can I say, I fell in love with Feyre and Tamlin.
7. Favorite New Author: Easily Leigh Bardugo! Again, Six of Crows has become my favorite book of the year and I LOVE her writing style.
8. Newest Fictional Crush: Nikolai from The Crown’s Game. I was floored by how the story ended and how much I found that I was rooting for Nikolai. I can’t wait to get my hands on the sequel to this one as well!
9. Newest Favorite Character: Inej from Six of Crows. She is my child and needs to be protected at all costs.
10. Book That Made You Cry: While the World Watched, a memoir by a woman who survived the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham, AL. She watched her friends die in the worst way possible and lived with so much survivor’s guilt and depression. This was a hard read, but I’m extremely glad I read this one.
11. Book That Made You Happy: A Court of Thorns and Roses because it ended up (semi) happily and it gave me soooo many feels.
12. Most Beautiful Book You’ve Acquired: Because You Love to Hate Me. That book cover is gorgeous! I love the simplicity of the blue rose with the black ink spilling out of it against the purple background. Love it!
12. Books You Need To Read By the End of the Year:
- Because You Love to Hate Me
- The Chronicles of Elantra series
- every Brandon Sanderson book ever
- When Dimple Met Rishi
- The English and Their History
- The Next Together
- The Gemma Doyle trilogy
- more 2017 releases….
Well, there you have it, most of the books I have read (and want to read) in the year 2017. It seems like I finally have time to get some reading done this weekend so I fully plan to get to it!